In 1873, Henry Campbell purchased a plot of park property from the city and on it constructed the Campbell House Hotel. Five years later, Campbell sold the hotel to lumber barons J. Perry Hannah and A. Tracy Lay. The property was upgraded to a level of opulence and service equal to the world class hotels of the day and renamed the Park Place in recognition of its early beginnings.
In 1930, the completion of the 10-story tower made the Park Place Hotel the tallest building in Traverse City, and its 25,000 watt beacon became the symbol of its far reaching hospitality.
Over the years, the Park Place has hosted luminaries in entertainment, business, politics and the arts â€“ and has come to occupy a prominent and cherished role in the area.
Now in our second century, we are proud of our rich and colorful past and eager to share our exciting future. Owned and managed by Regency Hotel Management, we have a strong sense of community responsibility and an unwavering commitment to guest comfort and satisfaction.